Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Back in Business

I regretfully inform you that I have taken on the task of reviving this blog. I'm not exactly sure what will happen to it, for it has taken on several themes already. There will be an intense effort to continue with the mixed motif motif, so as a reader, you at least have that to look forward to. My guess is that there will continue to be adventures, with or without bicycles, and of course beer. Thank you for making it this far. If you decide to give up I won't blame you, but you may end up buying a high-end hunk of shit bicycle, which I wouldn't wish on anyone.

First, I would like to say, "Thank you." to Specialized for making great bikes and mostly because they spawned from things like this.






While this is really what mountain biking is about (seeing who's the fastest out of your friends) I want you to have the best bike possible so you can win those "smokables." Now, without further ado, I would like to present the Specialized Camber.



The curves and simplicity of the suspension are rather beautiful. They embody the Specialized look. But the bike handles like a Cadillac on snowy roads. The back end is all over the place. It may be the flexy roval rims, or the geometry that is just aching to be aggressive, but is just a few degrees too short of a well cooked chicken breast. You're getting Salmonella. Dear Specialized, please stick with the Stumpjumper which is such an awesome bike and stop trying to sell your customers this in-between stuff. Like Salmonella, it isn't fun for anyone, the riders, the mechanics, or the poor souls who read this blog (all two).

Even if you have a camber, enjoy the warm weather and keep riding hard. Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment